Since Avery is over a month old now, I guess I should get started on the blog to keep everyone up to date with what is going on with her.
The first month of parenthood has been wonderful. Josh and I couldn't have imagined how much our life would change overnight. We love our little angel more than we thought possible. Since I did not keep you up-to-date during the first month, I thought I would do a list of things I have learned to give you an idea of what has been going on.
Parenthood has taught me...
- I can live on much less sleep than previously thought.
- It is not that gross to have another human being's bodily fluids all over you. In fact, it is a regular occurrence.
- My life is no longer my own. My plans do not matter, nor will they go the way I want them to anyway. My life now revolves around when Avery will eat, sleep, and need to be changed. Everything else must fit somewhere in between.
- She is already growing up too fast. I can't believe she is 5 weeks old. Before we know it, she will be 18 and going to college...
- If you do not believe in God, take a look at a newborn.
- I love Josh even more than I did before I watched him become a daddy. I love to see his face light up when he is around Avery. She already has him wrapped around her finger; I can't wait to watch their relationship grow.
- It is a huge responsibility to have a child - financially, emotionally, and physically - but the most awesome responsibility is spiritually. Josh and I are responsible to bring Avery up in a home that glorifies God and teaches her to love and serve Him throughout her life. It excites and terrifies me at the same time.
- I love this little bundle of joy more than I ever thought possible. She has blessed our life so much already; I can't wait to watch her grow in the months and years ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment