Thursday, January 14, 2010

2 Months

I cannot believe it, but our little girl is already 2 months old. She has grown and changed so much already. We took her to the doctor on Tuesday for her check-up and first round of vaccines. She was such a champ. She let the doctor toss her around and poke & prod her and did not make a peep. She weighs 11 pounds 10 ounces which is in the 75th percentile, so she is a bit of a chunk. Her head circumference and height were both 50th percentile, so she is normal in that respect. When it was time for the shots, I was so scared. I made Josh come with us which I am so glad I did because I did not handle it very well. Josh was holding Avery's hands while the nurse gave her the shots. I was in the corner across the room. When she got the first shot, Avery screamed and her face turned bright red. It was horrible. I almost lost it in the corner, and the nurse told me I could leave if I wanted. I figured at that point I had already heard the worst so I could tough it out. I made it through the next two shots, and Avery did as well. Before the nurse even left the room she was back to smiling, so I don't think she was that traumatized. I sure was. It took me a little longer to get it together. She was a little fussy the rest of the day, but all in all, she did great. We are so thankful to be blessed with a healthy little girl who seems to be growing and developing wonderfully. We love her so much!!!

Here are a few pictures we have taken in the last few days. I love the one of her in the hoody - she looks like such a gangster.



Such a sweetie!


Caught the end of a smile.


Josh got a picture of a good smile!


Don't mess with Avery! She will beat you up.

1 comment:

  1. The first shots are ALWAYS the hardest! It's so hard to see them in pain. Sounds like she was a trooper, though! She's just precious!

    ReplyDelete