Monday, July 12, 2010

My Baby's Daddy



This post - long overdue - is a tribute to my baby's daddy in honor of Father's Day. I think I knew the moment we found out we were pregnant that Josh was going to be a good dad. I freaked out; he stayed calm. I was scared that we wouldn't know what to do; he was confident we would figure it out. Well, he was right. We are figuring it out and doing the best we can. What I don't think I knew at the time was how great of a father he would actually be. He LOVES Avery so much. I capitalize that because he really does love her. He lights up when he sees her. He makes her smile and laugh more than anyone. They have such a special relationship that I am so thankful for. I can already tell that she is going to be a daddy's girl BIG TIME.

I could tell many stories of their sweet relationship, but I think the best illustration happened last night. Josh and I are playing in an ultimate frisbee league at church. We keep Avery outside with us until it is time for us to play and we take her inside to the nursery. When we went to pick her up after we were finished, there were a few other kids in there, one little girl in particular who is about 4 and super cute. Avery was sitting on the floor playing while I was getting her bag and Josh started chasing the other little girl around the room. Avery did not like that - she lost it. It was so funny. Josh stopped playing with the other little girl, came over and picked Avery up, and she immediately started smiling. It was hilarious. Even the nursery workers couldn't believe it. She was not going to have her daddy playing with another girl!! When we decide to have another child we might have some problems, but until then, Avery can have her daddy all to herself!

I am so thankful that Avery has a daddy who prays for her, loves her, protects her, and will always be there for her. Josh - you are a rare gift to Avery and me, and we love you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment