Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Have My Reasons

I realize that Avery turned 13 months today, and I haven't posted her birthday pics, but I have some good excuses. Right after her party, she got a bad cold and was sick for a week. It was no fun that she wasn't feeling very good, but I did get to stay home with her 3 days that week and all she wanted to do was cuddle! That doesn't happen very often these days! After she was well, we went to Dallas for the week of Thanksgiving. We had a great time, but back in Houston our house got robbed - not once, twice - so we have been dealing with that. Now, we have no computer to upload pictures or to blog, so I have had to wait for Jenn's pics and some free time at work to finally get this together.

Having said that, Avery's party was lots of fun. It was just family but it was so great to celebrate Avery's first year and the blessing she has been in our lives. She is such a sweet girl, and it is hard to remember life without her. She is walking now, so she is constantly on the move. She LOVES to be outside, so we spend a lot of time exploring the yard and picking up leaves on the ground. She talks non-stop, although most of it is incomprehensible. Her favorite word is "uh-oh" which is so cute. She says it every time she drops (or throws) something on the ground or every time she falls. Those two things seem to happen a lot at our house. She is still on the higher end in weight (65th percentile) and height (75th percentile), but she doesn't seem to be growing much these days.

Every month is more fun than before, and we can't wait to see what she will do next!

Here are some pictures from her birthday (she didn't like the cake) and a couple we took at Thanksgiving with the fam.
















1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Avery is a doll and I can't wait to see her this summer. Your family pictures turned out great!

    ReplyDelete