That's me. I know it. I would like to say I am going to change and start updating every week, but that is probably a lie and I am not a liar. So, I will say, "Here is what is going on in our life now and for the past few months. Enjoy because you might not hear from me again for a while!"
In all seriousness, we have been busy and enjoying life. I can't believe it is already August; however I am ready for a reprieve from the 100+ temps we have been having lately.
Avery has had a good summer. She has been going to Mother's Day Out ("school" to her) twice a week and really enjoying it. She has the sweetest teachers, and I know we are both going to miss them when we move to the next class in a few weeks. They have been so good for her and been great for the transition out of our diapers. Speaking of that, we are completely potty trained except for overnight, which I think may take us a while. I am ok with that; I am so happy to only be buying diapers for one child. Our bank account is happy too. Avery really did a great job and only took a few weeks to get it all down. Well, by a few I mean about 6, but I still think that is pretty good. I know it can take some kids much longer.
She has loved going to the pool over the summer, so we have tried to go as often as possible. Jenn & Tommy have a neighborhood pool, so we have hit that up many Saturdays over the summer which has been fun. I hope next summer to get her signed up for swim lessons since it will be a bit easier for me to keep Hailey entertained than it would have been this summer. I know Avery will really enjoy it, and I want her to grow up having fun in the water.
Other than that, she has just been her crazy, fun-loving self. She is still such a good big sister and LOVES Hailey, sometimes a little too much. She knows her ABC's (capital letters), numbers up to 25, all her colors and is starting to memorize a bunch of the books we read. Josh and I always joke that her memory might be better than ours! She is such a joy, and I don't know what we would do without her. She keeps us laughing ALL THE TIME (mostly, she is still 2!).
Hailey is also growing and changing faster than I would like. She turned 1 last month and is becoming less and less of a baby everyday. She has 6 teeth and can eat anyone under the table. She may even out-eat Josh at a few meals. She LOVES food. I just pray she has a high metabolism! If you even look at the kitchen, she thinks she needs a snack. She is still much smaller than Avery was at this age, but I don't know how long that will last!
She crawls like a crazy woman everywhere and is on the brink of taking her first steps. She loves to cruise around the furniture, pulls up and climbs on just about anything, and will walk around the house holding your hands for as long as your back will let her. She can say "da da" and "bye bye" but that is about it. Avery had 5-6 words by this age, so Hailey may not have the expansive vocabulary Avery did at such a young age. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she is quiet; she just does not have the words - she has the grunting, pointing and screaming needed for communication. She was such a quiet and easy baby that we thought she was going to be a quiet and easy going child. Haha, were we ever wrong. She has plenty of spunk and attitude. I would even say more than Avery did at this age. It is so funny to see how God made them so different at such young ages. I love it.
To say Hailey keeps our life fun and interesting would be an understatement. She has the most wonderful smile and laugh and makes everyone around her happy. She loves to cuddle and be the center of attention when her big sis will let her. She is truly a blessing.
Here are some pics of life at our house lately (or the last 6 months).
We celebrated Easter at church, then went to Pop Pop & CC's for the rest of the day.
We went to see Mir and Grandad in Midland and dressed alike, which we don't do often since most of Hailey's clothes are Avery's hand-me-downs.
Avery did some tutoring.
Avery cheered for Daddy's team.
Hailey celebrated her birthday and got some good loot.
She LOVED everyone singing to her.
She loved the cupcake even more.
We did a photo shoot in the backyard to document our cuteness.
We even tried some corn-on-the-cob on July 4!
We did some modeling on the couch one Saturday morning.
We even took time to take a bath!!
We are truly blessed with these two girls, and I couldn't imagine a crazier, happier life right now.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment