Monday, May 10, 2010

Six Months!

Avery turned six months on Sunday which just happened to be my first Mother's Day. What a great day. Avery sent me flowers at work on Friday for Mother's Day. She is quite advanced for only being 6 months old!!



Two weekends ago CC came for a visit. Although it was a quick trip, we were so glad to get to see her!!



We had our check-up last week with the Pediatrician. Everything went wonderfully. She is still long - 26-5/8" which is still 90th percentile. She gained less then 2 pounds over the past 2 months; she weighs 17 lbs 2 oz which is the 80th percentile. The doc told me she was slender for her height! I am pretty sure that is the first time she has been called "slender"! Her head is pretty normal. I can't remember exactly, but it was 75th percentile which is what it was at 4 months. We had to get 3 more shots which I was not a fan of. Since Josh has started his new job, he couldn't come with us so I had to be the brave one to hold her while they gave her the shots. Not a fan of that, but we survived and found out she doesn't have to get any more until 1 year!

Other than that, we have started some spoon feeding. She is not too fond of it quite yet. It is just rice cereal, but she is not quite sure what to do with it. I am making my first batch of real food - carrots - tonight, so I will post and let you know how that goes. Here are a few funny shots of our girl trying to figure this out.







She is beginning to enjoy walks again. For a while all we could do was put her in our Jeep carrier and let Josh carry her like that. While that is fun, we can't go too far because she is heavy! She can sit in the stroller like a big girl now, so she is enjoying that. We can usually make it for a while in the stroller, then finish with Daddy carrying her. Progress!



She is so alert now and makes us laugh ALL THE TIME. I think she is going to be a funny girl. She makes the weirdest noises and then waits to see what our reaction will be. When we laugh, she does them again. She loves the exersaucer and her Bumbo chair. Those two things can keep her entertained for a while now. It is fun to watch her bang around and see what she is learning. I think next time I blog, she will be sitting up on her own. She can do it for about 5 seconds now before she topples over.



We like to read and can make it through a few pages before we are ready to move on to the next thing.



She is so sweet when she is tired and ready for bed.



Bath time is becoming more fun. If you look closely you can see that her hair may come in curly - if it ever comes in!!



We love our sweet girl. She is changing and growing everyday!

1 comment: