Monday, July 12, 2010

8 Months



Well, we hit the 8 month mark last week. I know I should be excited about how much she is growing and changing, but it is going too fast! She is not a sweet little cuddly baby anymore – she is becoming a big girl. This past month definitely brought about more changes than any others.



She is starting to try to talk even more. She can say “mama” and “baba” – she has no idea what either of these mean, not that I even know what “baba” means, but it is definitely another step towards her first word. I realize I should count “mama” as her first word, but she has no idea that I am mama, so I am hesitant to count it. I want to know she is actually talking to me, not just saying random syllables. We are working on “dada” and, as of last week when my parents were here, “CC”. I don’t think anything would make my mom happier than if “CC” was Avery’s first word, but I really don’t think that is going to happen. I guess we will wait and see.

She is eating so well now. I am still making all her food and trying to keep up with her. She is eating three times a day – usually fruit with cereal for breakfast, a veggie for lunch, and a little fruit and a little veggie for dinner. We started eating Cheerios last week, and she can pick them up all by herself! She has some challenges getting them into her mouth, but she is getting better and better. We have also tried a little cheese and some avocados. The best part about eating is that now she can sit at the table while Josh and I eat. Hallelujah! We don’t have to wait until 8 or 8:30 to eat after she goes to bed anymore! What a wonderful step for our family! I am anxious to continue giving her finger foods because I love watching her pick them up and try to put them in her mouth. She is so cute!



Our girl is also on the move! Well, sort of. She can crawl backwards. I don’t even know if you can call it crawling. She is up on her hands and knees but only pushes with her arms which causes her to go backwards. She gets very frustrated, but Josh and I think it is hilarious. She wants to go forward so bad but just doesn’t know how to do it. I think it is only a matter of time before she is completely mobile. Until then, I guess she will just keep rolling wherever she wants to go. She is getting pretty good at that!



Since she hasn’t mastered the art of crawling, she has decided that standing is much more fun anyway. She pulled up all by herself on Saturday! Don’t worry, we got it on video. We knew she was getting close but didn’t know she was actually strong enough to do it. Who knows, maybe crawling is for babies and my big girl will go straight to walking. Haha, I know I am definitely not ready for that!

I told you we were experiencing many changes around here, and I wasn’t lying. We even had a family change – we moved into a house. We have been there two weeks now and are really loving the extra room. The apartment was feeling smaller by the day. We didn’t buy it, just renting, but it is still so nice to have some room to spread out. We even hosted my parents and Josh’s mom and sister for the 4th! It was so fun to be able to have people over without feeling on top of each other the whole time.



The past 8 months have been WONDERFUL! We are truly blessed in so many ways. I hope to never take for granted all the things God has given us, but most of all to never forget to thank Him for a happy, healthy child who continues to amaze me everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Teriann, you are such a wonderful person and I love reading your blog!! Your Father's Day tribute is so sweet and I an just picture the look Avery had on her face when Daddy dared to play with another little girl! :-) Keep posting, I love reading them!!

    ReplyDelete