
Saturday was Avery's 11 month birthday! Oh how the time has flown! I think she has grown and changed more over the last month than any before. She is becoming more and more like a little girl and less like a baby. I love it and hate it, if that is possible. It is so fun getting to see her experience and learn about the world. You can tell she is constantly trying to figure things out. It really is amazing to see how much a child can absorb in such a short period of time.
Avery is crawling and pulling up on EVERYTHING now. I predict that she will be walking by her first birthday, but I don't really know how fast all these things play out so I could be way off. Her favorite thing to do is walk around the house holding mine and/or Josh's hands.


She loves playing with anything that has something in it, i.e., mommy's purse. She would sit there all day and take stuff out of my purse. She is starting to put stuff back, but she would much rather make the mess than clean it up. I have high aspirations of teaching her that when you take something out, you put it back; however that might not sink in for a few more years.

She loves to laugh at her daddy. As I have said before, she is a daddy's girl big time and thinks he is the bee's knees. He can just look at her and she will laugh. It is so funny. We have caught a few of her laughing fits on video or recorded on our phones. When she gets going, she can hardly catch her breath. It's the most wonderful sound in the world.
She still hasn't said her first word. She is babbling more and more these days, so I think it is just a matter of time before she makes the connection between what she is babbling and the thing she thinks she is talking about. We'll see.
Her eating habits are about the same. She is either a picky eater, or she just doesn't like to try new things because she has a few staple foods that she will eat consistently, but other than that it is hit or miss. A new favorite we discovered - black beans.
She can drink from a sippy cup all by herself now, so we are about ready to make the transition from formula in a bottle to milk in a sippy cup. Our doctor told us we could do the transition at 11 months, but I am a little hesitant. Don't get me wrong, I will LOVE not buying formula and not washing bottles all the time, but that will officially mean she is not a baby anymore and I am not quite ready for that.
Avery is such a sweet girl, and I love getting to watch her personality continue to grow. I love this little girl more than I ever thought I could. What a wonderful blessing she has been to our life!
Showing off our pearly whites & our cheesy side

Chillin in the stroller at the County Fair

Playing in the grass

Family picture after church

With Grandma at the County Fair

With Grandpa at the County Fair
No comments:
Post a Comment