Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was so much fun with Avery. Well, every day is fun with Avery, and Christmas was no exception. We spent Wednesday-Sunday in Dallas with my family and really had a wonderful time. It is so funny that when you have kids going home is like a vacation because all of a sudden someone else will get up early, run around the house, and keep Avery entertained. Most days, I love those things but it is nice for a few days of relaxation and rest!

Avery was not too concerned with presents this year. We would get her to open one, and then she would want to be running around the house again. Opening presents requires too much sitting! I think next year she will probably understand that each gift she opens is another toy, but this year she just wasn't that interested. She did get many wonderful things, and I am sure they will all be used and played with as time goes on.





It was really cold while we were there, so Avery didn't get to play outside as much as she wanted, but she did convince CC and Pop Pop to take her outside a few times! Josh and I were particularly thankful for that because we were not prepared for (nor do we like) the cold weather. I bought her a cute little hat to wear and was she ever adorable!





To pass the time indoors, we had some dance parties. Avery is a great dancer, and CC was a great partner! She cracks me up with her moves. Jeff got a video of one dance, but it was on his phone so I don't think I can upload it. One of my New Year's resolutions is to video Avery more, so maybe I will have a dancing video soon!




It really was a great and relaxing Christmas. It is weird that this is our second and last Christmas as a family of 3, but next year we will have another little bundle of joy to share the season with! As a parent, it really does put into perspective the fact that God sent his Son to come into the world, live the perfect life we were incapable of, and die a brutal death so we wouldn't have to. I am thankful for that baby in a manger and never want to forget that is truly what the Christmas season is about.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your exciting news!! Avery is going to make a fabulous big sister come July! :-)

    ReplyDelete