Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hailey is here!

We are so happy to announce that Hailey Ann Tidwell joined our family on July 7. She is such a sweet baby, and we are adjusting to being a family of four. She was 6 pounds 8 ounces and 20 inches when she was born. She looked a lot like Avery when she was born except she has very blonde hair! My mom is very excited at the prospect of having a blonde grandchild, so I hope the hair will stay. She is looking less and less like Avery everyday but is still so pretty. Josh and I were concerned, as I am sure every parent awaiting the birth of their second child is, that there would be no way we could love another child, much less a girl, near as much as we love Avery. Of course, God just expanded our hearts the second she was born and we are so in love.

So far she is a wonderful baby. She only cries when she is hungry and is pretty content the rest of the day. She is a good sport when Avery wants to hold her and tries to give her hugs. She adjusted pretty quickly to getting her nights and days straight, so our nights haven't been too rough. She still eats every 2-3 hours but generally goes right back to sleep. If the first 18 days of her life are any indication of her personality, I think she is going to be a pretty laid back baby and have a sweet disposition. She is truly another blessing.

Avery is handling the transition amazingly well. The first week she did not want Josh holding Hailey at all, but she is starting to realize that it is ok if he pays Hailey some attention too. She loves to hug and kiss Hailey; she just doesn't know exactly how to be gentle yet. We aren't ready to leave them unattended in the same room yet! She is a great big sister, and I know know it won't be long before Hailey is following her around the house trying to do everything she does.

Josh and I couldn't feel more blessed by our two girls and are trying to enjoy both of them just as they are right now because we know how quickly they grow and change.

Here are a few pics from the hospital and our first few days home.









1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Hailey is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete