Until motherhood... I think I have cried more in the past 3 1/2 months than in my previous 27 years. Well, probably not THAT much, but you get the picture. I have cried so many tears - tears of fear when Avery's heartbeat dropped while in labor, tears of joy when I saw her for the first time and got to hold and kiss her, tears of pain as I recovered from a C-section that I was not expecting - and all those tears came in her first few days of life! Since that time, I have cried many more tears - tears of happiness as I have watched her grow and change right before my eyes, tears of heartache as I head off to work in the morning, tears of joy as I watch how she lights up her daddy's life.
I know my tears will not stop as Avery continues to grow. I will cry when she takes her first step and when she says her first word. I will cry the first time I drop her off at school and when a boy breaks her heart. I will cry when she is in pain and when she scores the winning goal (or basket or run - whichever sport she happens to be dominating at that time!).
I am not trying to sound like all I do is cry, but being a mom has changed my emotional state. I love that little girl so much that she has completely changed the way I see the world around me - for the better. I never knew one little person could have such a big effect on you. What a wonderful (and sometimes wet) journey motherhood has been, and it has only been three months!
I will leave you with some pictures of my sweet little angel.
We take so many pictures of her that sometimes she just doesn't want to look at the camera! The truth is, she is probably watching TV. It is her favorite pastime.

She is getting very good at holding her head up, and she likes to sit up on our kitchen table (with mommy or daddy keeping her balanced, of course).

My two favorite people!
Yes, I find my most teary moments are at bedtime. We have this ritual where I sing her to sleep every night. She loves it (I don't know why, I really can't sing), but she reaches up and touches my face and I can tell she just thinks it's the best. Those tender moments make me realize just how much I love her. It gets me every time. *Sigh* Lots of love = lots of tears!
ReplyDelete