Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sweet Story

I have to brag on my husband for a moment. He is a wonderful father & loves his little girl. He helps me with EVERYTHING, from washing bottles every night to changing diapers to middle of the night feedings. He lights up every time she looks his direction and he truly loves her. All that said, here is my story.

Avery was sick yesterday. She did not have a fever but was all congested and had a little trouble sleeping Sunday night. I stayed home from work yesterday, and we took her to the doctor. He cleaned her little nose out and showed us how to keep her clear. When we got home, we knew she was exhausted because she slept so fitfully the night before and hadn't really had a good nap yet. We swaddled her up, and I rocked her for a few minutes. It didn't take her long to fall asleep, so I put her in her bed. I waited for a minute to make sure she was really asleep because Josh was trying to get some school stuff done, and I didn't want to disturb him. When I thought she must really be asleep, I went out for a quick jog. When I got home from my jog, Josh was on the couch holding Avery. He was sitting there with the biggest smile on his face. When I asked him what happened, he said that after I left Avery started fussing. It was just a little bit at first but then turned into a cry. He said he let her cry for a minute to see if she would just calm down and go back to sleep. (Side note: We aren't really "cry it out" parents but do want her to learn how to calm herself down. We really aren't doing a very good job because we only let her cry for about two minutes before we rush in there and pick her up, but we're working on it.) He said he went into her room and the second she saw him she stopped crying and gave him the biggest smile he had ever seen. He told me it was one of the best moments of his life.

Is that not the sweetest story you have ever heard? I love watching Josh with Avery and love how much he loves her. I know that love will only grow as she does. I am sure he would have been just as good of a first time father if we had had a boy first, but man does he love his little girl. She already has him wrapped around her finger, and I know I will have to be the one to discipline her because he may never tell her no. I am so thankful Avery has a daddy that loves her more than anything and will be an example of the kind of man I pray she finds one day.

Here is a picture of Avery from a few weeks ago. It has nothing to do with the story, but she is so cute and needs to be admired!

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful and I just LOVE your story and how you told it! What precious memories you are making with your sweet Avery! Cherish the moments!!! Ana

    ReplyDelete